Good nutrition and adequate hydration are essential when it comes to basic functioning. Both enable our body to function, grow, repair and build. No nutrient enables our body to achieve all of these, which is why a balanced diet is so crucial. Consuming a diet that encompasses healthy levels of protein, carbohydrates and fats as well as fluid, will enable your body to function to its greatest capability and reduce your risk of ill health now and in the future.
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water each day, more if the weather is hot or you exercise.
- Have a large glass of water upon waking and with each meal throughout the day.
- Take a reusable bottle everywhere with you to ensure you take regular sips and can easily keep track of your consumption - don't forget to refill.
- Add fresh fruit and herbs to your water to make it more interesting.
Infused Detox Water - You are tired of drinking water ? or maybe it's difficult to drink 1,5 L a day ? Make it interesting - So let's make a homemade infused detox water using these healthy-for-our-body ingredients:
- Tumeric : Immune system boost & powerful antioxidant
- Green Tea: Toxin cleanser & powerful antioxidant
- Lime: Facilitate digestion & relieve bloating
- Ginger: immune system boost & anti-inflammatory properties & fat burning
- Orange: immune system boost & toxin cleanser
- Mint : facilitate digestion & soothes belly
- Cucumber : Vitamin A - Vitamin B - Vitamin C
- Basil : Anti-inflammatory properties & anti-bacterial benefits
Just add veggies - Add a good amount of vegetables to the plate. Veggies will boost the immune system and fuel our body with plenty of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals, all the good things that the body naturally craves for.
Let's start by cutting down on precessed and sugary food and instead, focus on whole foods (veggies, fruits, fishes, meats, nuts,...)
Do not self-deprive. Cure hungers by finding the right alternative that i beneficial for the body.
BONUS: Our Villa Noacarlina toothpaste helps curb hunger cravings, thanks to its cinnamon taste. This infused, inspired by nature, toothpaste is a great post-lunch solution to stop from snacking throughout the day.
Get a good night sleep - Ensuring adequate and quality sleep each night is a must to support our body’s health and natural detoxification system. We should be getting seven to eight hours of shuteye per night and prepare our body throughout the day to be at ease when jumping in bed.
- don't consume caffeine late in the day
- reduce long naps throughout the day
- try to sleep and wake up at consistent times
- don't eat too late in the evening
- take a relaxing shower/bath
- make sure to get a comfortable bed, mattress and pillow
- don't drink liquids before bed to avoid getting up at night
- turn off any screens before going to bed